Life Lesson #4 (it's been a while since I posted #3, hasn't it?). Hmmm, maybe I'm actually listing to lesson #3 about being one person, huh? Can only get so much done.
Anyway, back to Lesson #4.
I love my family.
Yes, that's it. That's the lesson. What? Crazy lady didn't already KNOW she loved her family? Well of course I did, silly.
But hear me out.
I love my family. True, honest-to-goodness, wholeheartedly love them.
The whole kit and kaboodle: husband and children.
I need to show it in more ways.
We say plenty of "I love you's" around here. More than most people, I'd wager.
We hug. We hold hands. We mean it - really we do.
But I remember reading once that different personality types actually perceive love through different actions and give love in different methods.
I say it. I fuss over those I love. I worry. I fret. I tend to them. I cook, create, prepare things, do things with love that I think they will perceive as love.
I realize now, they may not.
Oh I have no question that my family knows I love them. But I want to reach outside my comfort zone and do things differently to strengthen those bonds....especially with my boys.
I want them to think back with love & fond memories on their childhood vs. thinking "Mom was always worrying & fussing over us".
So my lesson for today is: I love my family and I want to savor every moment with them and show them my love in a million ways, but especially in the ways that will mean the most to them.
I suppose Thanksgiving brought this all on.
And coming to the close of a year of particular growth and challenge.
Time goes too fast. I don't want regrets...especially where it comes to my family
No comments:
Post a Comment