Life Lesson #5
Time is a gift.
Use it or lose it, but it's a gift with an expiration date.
If I spend all my time in a hurried frenzy trying to achieve some ridiculous ideal or recapture something I used to do (or be....or look like), then that gift of time is going to be expiring sitting on the shelf.
The gift of time is right now. this moment. today. this Christmas. this weekend. this vacation. this year. It's all of it.
Working for a school I get the 2 weeks of Christmas vacation off, just like my kids.
I spent the first week of that vacation shuffling crap from one room to another, cleaning, overthinking, worrying about cards to mail, gifts to buy, money to budget, wrapping, errands, hustling about. I wasted. I lost. I missed that whole week. I didn't do the things I had really wanted to do.
What an idiot.
I made the most common blunder of all.
Not seeing the forest through the trees.
I was so busy doing what I thought was preparing for the season that I missed that whole week OF the season.
Now I'm kicking myself & licking my wounds.
Time is a gift.
Don't forget it.
That's my Life Lesson this week.
Time is a gift
No comments:
Post a Comment