Thursday, December 30, 2010

Bye-Bye 2010....Happy New Year

Well, the end of the year is at hand.
As always, it brings up nostalgic thoughts. Assessments. Decisions. Planning.
I can't say I'm not happy to see 2010 go BUT at the same time, it means my babies are another year older that I don't want to accept and I don't want to look forward to Kindergarten for my youngest and the loss of those stay-at-home, play-with-your-little-ones years. That's a very sad part for me and I yearn for it already.
Ok...moving on! I will very soon be bawling if I don't move on.

2010 brought us:
-move from Tiger cub scout to Wolf cub scout
-5 day per week preschool
-Matthew's loss of training wheels
-Patrick's first bike
-our lowest point economically to date
-I taught my firsts VBS
-our family's road trip to D.C.
-I began first job in 8 years
-couponing entered our lives!
-closer to God
-I taught my first baptism class
-began a Family Ministry at church
-Led a book discussion group for parents at school
-substituted for the first time!
-grew closer with my husband
-became experienced campers

What will 2011 bring?
Here are my hopes:
-Matthew will learn to tie his shoes
-Matthew's 1st reconciliation & 1st holy communion
-regular confession for 3 out of 4 in our family
-Lenten celebration for the Family Ministry & an even better Advent celebration
-Job/salary shift in the UP position for me at school!
-regular work for hubby
-continued downsizing of "things" in our lives (presents, importance placed on things, etc.)
-financial improvement/security
-good health
-a handle on household cleaning, organizing, decluttering
-improved planning for holidays/birthdays/celebrations
-more crafting/sewing
-improved skills at work
-improved patience & skills as a parent
-marriage encounter
-better meal planning/cooking ahead

God please grant us peace, patience, guidance, understanding throughout this upcoming year. Please bless us with health, safety & please help us make enough money to pay our bills, stay in our home & remain at our school. Please help us keep you in the center of our home & family at all times. May all the angels, saints & our dearly departed please pray for us. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment