Saturday, July 31, 2010

Kindness...

A friend gave my husband & I a night out tonight.

What a much appreciated act of kindness. She just had major surgery 1 month ago & while the kids & I visited her a few weeks ago she offered to babysit sometime. She really adores children & hers are now teens and she sincerely enjoys mine. So we hesitantly said "ok"; no hesitation about leaving the kids with her but rather concern that she wasn't feeling up to it yet. But she insisted & my husband and I HAVE only been out on a date once so far in 2010....for our anniversary in March.

I was glad to see her bring her daughter with her tonight....just an added measure in case she did over do it, which she did not. She just radiates around children; no, she is radiant ALL the time. I am honored to have her as a friend and to receive her kindness and goodness and time.

Kindness is highly underrated in life. People talk about lots of "important" things in life but an act of true kindness is often not appreciated enough. We all need to remember that a tiny effort on our part, something that may not even seem that significant to us can mean the world to someone else. I know I'm just talking about babysitting tonight & not someone giving me an organ; but again, you don't know what that babysitting might mean to me. It might not be an issue to you. You may think nothing of calling up your parents to babysit or your niece or the teen next door and pay them $10/hour. None of those scenarios are option for me. No "woe is me" but just a point; be kind to others, it doesn't have to cost you anything but it can be worth a million to someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment