Really? It's only Tuesday morning for Pete's sake!
But last week was a BIG week.....back to school & long, tiring days. I suppose I should give them a break. I for one needed one, so how can I not understand they need one too.
Yesterday was my first "official" day off during the week. My regular schedule, which began this week, allows me Mondays off and I had a mental list about a mile long of what to do. Then I met 3 great friends for coffee at 8:00 and this acceptance came over me.
I need the day off. It's not playing hookey.....it's therapeutic. My cup needed a refill. My batteries needed recharging.
So I literally spent the entire school day with these dear friends - we all dropped off our kids at 7:45. We all met up at Starbucks for coffee at 8:00. We all left at 10:45 to go pick up our preschoolers. We all took our preschoolers over to Chik-fil-a to play & have lunch since it was raining (the park was our plan but the weather didn't cooperate). We let the kids play in the indoor playcenter - eat lunch - return to playing....until 2:30 when we all left to pick up our elementary schoolers. I haven't had so much girlfriend time in months....maybe even a year? I don't have a clue when.
But the point is, that I needed a break. I needed to have the day off from my usual self-inflicted list of unachievable goals. My children do to - they may get that "break" in another way & they should, like an understanding parent when they are tired, extra hugs, game time when we get home, etc.
I want to balance the "c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, hurry up" with "I understand" & "it's okay, we'll work together".
Now I have to savor my coffee and get a few things done around here before it's my turn to get ready & out the door.
No comments:
Post a Comment