So the first day of work came & went & I didn't even blog about it! Maybe I was just too exhausted! I think I worked myself up so much beforehand that by the time I finished, picked up the kids, came home, made dinner & got the crew to bed....there wasn't much left in me.
It wasn't as hard as I'd expected.
I'm VERY blessed. It is a GREAT place to work. It is warm, encouraging, understanding, supportive of "family first" and enthusiastic. HUGE pluses.
Today was my second day but it was spent in one of those "mandatory" new hire trainings that last ALL DAY and I had to drive an hour to get there. So maybe not as much of a high note as yesterday - but grateful you only need to do those trainings one time :D Tomorrow & the following day I have more trainings but my lovely employer gave me off on Friday to rest & recover for next week.
I feel the blood returning to all the parts of my body it rushed out of. Not as much to worry about as I thought; but...I am, after all, a worrier. That's my nature. I feel braver, more confident, more certain of these decisions and happier now that the week has begun.
Still have to build up the "work" stamina. My dear husband said tonight "I have trouble feel bad about how achy or tired you are from SITTING all day". Well har-de-har-har. I wasn't looking for sympathy - just commenting how it was hard to sit in uncomfortable chairs for 8 hours! You know, Moms MOVE a lot! There is no SITTING & eating BON-BONS...no matter what he likes to think has been going on while I was a stay-at-home Mom ;) Sitting very still doesn't happen much with kids at home. Gratefully I won't be just sitting when my job falls into place over the next few weeks.
But I am NOT complaining.....feeling achy reminds me I am alive!
No comments:
Post a Comment