Sunday, August 29, 2010

This Ride is Getting Bumpy...

Hold on to your hats........it's going to be a VERY bumpy ride!

That's the best analogy I could come up with - sorry ;)

In a 24 hour time period, my "back-to-work" life went from part-time to full-time. This happened with the grace of God, the prayers of a family, the Christ-filled heart of a Principal, and the willingness to ask for help.

I am so grateful for God's presence in my life and for my faith in Him, even though at times it falls short.

It is going to be a BIG adjustment....I know I said that before, when I started part-time. But now those free mornings that I used for housework, errands & recharging my batteries are G.O.N.E. I'm certainly not the 1st person to go through this and I know I won't be the last. God brought me this far, I know he's not going to let me sink. I have to keep my eyes on the prize (Jesus).

I also did what I often DON'T do. I asked for help. From God, from my Principal, from my friends. And the funniest thing happened. They all offered to help me unconditionally....right off the bat. I am touched and blessed by those around me. I had one friend immediately say she will plan to pick up my preschooler every Monday and take him to play with her son (who is in his class & his best buddy) and then drop him off to me when I'm finishing work, thus saving us the cost of one day's child care and doing what I would have done on Monday's with him and our friends. She is Christ embodied.

Thank you, Jesus. For EVERYTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment